Heart Disease Risk
It’s the number 1 killer in the UK and, sadly, many people with heart disease are not aware of their risk factors until it’s too late:
- According to the British Heart Foundation, heart and circulatory diseases cause more than a quarter of all deaths in the UK, accounting for more than 179,000 deaths each year
- Coronary Heart Disease by itself is the most common cause of death in the UK. In 2010, just below one in five male deaths and one in ten female deaths were from the disease
Bluecrest Health Screenings can cover a wide range of risk factors relating to heart disease
1. Your “Q Risk 2” 10-year heart disease risk assessment
You will receive a score relating to your chance of suffering coronary heart disease in the next 10 years.
Bluecrest is a British screening company and our 10-year scores therefore use clinical research and evidence complied in the UK and based on UK populations. It is different to the “Framingham risk score”, which is based on American populations.
Your Lipid panel check, good and bad cholesterol breakdown (not all cholesterol is bad for you and we report the difference between the types you have), triglycerides and glucose levels are all documented.
This is then combined with health information provided at the screening and a risk score is produced which estimates your likelihood of suffering coronary heart disease.
- We can also check your heart rhythm using an ECG test – more details
- Plus you can also opt for a “Peripheral Arterial Disease” check a condition which increases your risk of heart attack and stroke, but is sadly often diagnosed too late.