Latest news from the blog
January 12, 2014GP and Health Screening Services
GP Services – and news relating to Health Screening customers
The Royal College of GPs has warned that more patients will be forced to wait a week or more in 2014 because of a shortage of GPs. This announcement has received significant media coverage.
Please find below the key points from their recent announcement:
- 26.2 million people waited more than a week to see their GP in 2013
- 27 million patients in England will have to wait at least a week for an appointment in 2014
- 71% of family doctors expect waiting times to get longer over the next 2 years
- NHS budget spent on general practice dropped to its lowest share on record of 8.39%
- If waiting times get longer the pressure on A&E will intensify. “This is bad news for patients and bad news for the whole of the NHS”
Bluecrest Health Screening now offers additional GP support to customers as part of our service.
Comments are closed.